Report Unemployment Fraud
- Please contact us using one of the methods below if:
- you are aware of someone fraudulently collecting Wisconsin unemployment benefits.
- you may be a victim of identity theft (imposter fraud) and have reason to believe someone has used your information and social security number to fraudulently collect unemployment benefits.
- All allegations of fraud are investigated.
- To report someone committing fraud, you can make your report anonymously, or give us your name. Knowing who
you are gives us a chance to obtain additional details if needed. If you
wish to remain anonymous, do not give us any information the claimant could
use to identify you.
- REMEMBER! You are a very important source of information about claimants and employers committing fraud.
How To Report
Please note: We are receiving a high number of calls; the fastest way to report fraud is to fill out the
Web Form to Request a Fraud Investigation.
To be sure that we are able to adequately investigate, be sure to include as much of the following information as possible (if you do
not know the answer, don't worry, just tell us what you do know):
- Who is committing fraud?
- What is their full address?
- The claimant's social security number?
- The claimant's phone number?
- What are they doing? (working? running a business? living in another country? unable to work?)
- When did they start doing this?
- If they are working - what is the Employer's Name?
- Where is the employer located?
- What is the employer's address and phone number?
- Who else knows about it?
- Your name, address and phone number (optional)
Due to strict DWD confidentiality laws, we cannot confirm or deny
an investigation initiated by an unemployment fraud submission or disclose
information about an employer or claimant.