DVR Service Provider Portal User Guide
Users must be listed on the agency Service Agreement as Personnel (Subcontractors cannot be allowed access to the portal). Users must complete required trainings.
Accessing the portal
Username & Password
A username and password are created when an account is created. All users must have their own account. Usernames cannot be changed. If a password is forgotten, click the Forgot your ID or password and follow the instructions.
After 5 attempts of using the wrong password, the account will be locked, and a user must go to DWD/Wisconsin Logon Management System or contact the IT Solutions Center to answer the security question used when creating the account. IT Solutions Center (608) 266-7252 Monday through Friday 6:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Agencies must have staff listed on the Personnel tab and all requirements completed prior to DVR being able to approve a new registration request.
- Staff Roles - Agencies determine the level of access their staff have based on designating Roles.
- Scanning Role - Send in reports electronically to DVR through a web portal or FTPS Site.
- Staff Role - View the details, locations, request for assistance and accessibility menu items.
- Administration Role - View all menu items: details, location, personnel, subcontractor, and agreement. They are not able to sign agreements. No limit on how many per agency.
- Main Contact Role - View all menu items: details, location, personnel, subcontractor, and agreement. They sign agreements. Limited to one per agency. This individual is the recipient of all DVR statewide communications.
- Other Role - Attach files to the case, access purchase orders, beneficial to staff responsible for invoicing. No access to the FAR, IPE, agreement, or shared documents, unless assigned to PO line for consumer.
Displays any System Messages of Scheduled down times of the application.
Agency information related to services provided, Counties/Communities and WDA's served, and agency autobiography. At least one county and community within county must be selected per WDA served. Editable for Main Contact and Administrator roles, read only for all other roles.
Abbreviation Code: Used when submitting reports to DVR.
- Can be up to 10 characters
- At the discretion of the Main Contact
- Must be unique. Error message will appear if code already in use.
Holds all the locations where DVR consumers are served. Active and Inactive status and each Personnel has a location associated with them. Include at least one location per county served. Locations must be public, confidential, accessible, and readily available to serve DVR consumers. Examples include an office, public library, local job center, etc.
Personnel (Main Contact and Administrator only) Tab
Enter all employees who provide statewide services to DVR consumers here. Update Agency End Date (when employees leave), assign or change staff role, location, contact information, job title, designate if emails are requested, and document required training.
My Personnel Info Tab
This is where employees can select the option to receive emails for when a new PO has arrived (Main Contact and Administrator only), when a new PO has been assigned to you, and when a new message has been received. Each employee can personalize as desired and it is updateable. Remainder of the page is disabled for Staff, however updateable by Main Contact or Administrator.
Subcontractor Tab (Main Contact and Administrator only)
Enter all personnel that are classified as Subcontractor of your agency.
Agreement Tab (Main Contact and Administrator only)
Access to previous and current Service Agreements. This is where a new agreement is created. Only the Main Contact can submit the agreement. Current agreement cycle is for 2 years, the next renewal will be effective July 1, 2022.
Request for Assistance Tab
Ability to send a message to DVR Contract Specialist and Portal Specialist from within the portal.
Demand vs. Supply Dashboard Tab
Displays information on Consumer Demand (based on current statewide service authorizations) and Supply (based on information reported within a Service Provider’s portal account i.e. services provided, number of staff providing service and counties where services are provided).
Provides users with accessible options.
Purchase Orders/DVR Consumers. All users have access to this option. Staff can only search for Purchase Orders or Consumers that have been assigned to them. Main Contact and Administrators have access to search on all staff. This is where staff find all (Active and Inactive PO's) by using these criteria: PO Number, Begins With, VR2, Staff Search.
DVR Consumers (Main Contact and Administrator only). One search that will display all Active and Inactive PO's and Consumers issued to the agency. Expandable view by utilizing the Check All/Uncheck All option.
Mass Transfer (Main Contact and Administrator only). Functionality to transfer individual PO's or entire case load from one staff to another. Select the staff that is currently assigned from the dropdown box and click View Orders. All PO lines will be checked to transfer. Uncheck All or Uncheck line by line any lines not wanting to transfer. Select the new staff to be assigned in the Transfer to dropdown box and click Transfer Selected.
Ability to click to get to Alert List without going back to the Home Page.
My Work List Tab
Displays all Active PO's assigned to me. No one can view any other employee's My Work List. Ability to hide columns if you do not wish for them to display in the grid. Highlight unwanted column, Apply Filter. To retrieve a hidden column, select the top blank option and Apply Filter. Sortable by any of the column headers. Expandable view by utilizing the Check All/Uncheck All option. Click on the Consumer Name to go to the Consumer Summary (Contact, Attachments, Messages, Purchase Orders, Guardian, IPE, and FAR tabs) or click on the Purchase Order number to open it.
Removeable or action alert. Removeable alerts will have a checkbox that can be checked, and the alert will be removed. Action alerts require taking the action (assigning a PO line) and once the action is completed the alert auto removes. Able to view all by clicking Alert List. Able to view by Alert Type from Homepage by clicking hyperlink for each type.
- DVR shared attachment. Once a PO line has been assigned to a Staff and DVR shares an attachment with the Provider, an alert is generated to the assigned staff. Clicking on the hyperlink under Message will open the attachment. Removeable alert
- Follow Up Messages. These are messages you have previously read, and you selected a Follow Up due date for another alert to remind you to investigate at a future time.
- Messages. DVR staff can send portal users messages after a PO line has been assigned. Alert Type will indicate Read or Unread to assist users.
- Overdue Message Follow Up. The follow-up date you selected has passed.
- Purchase Order Date Changed. Separate alerts if a PO Begin Date, End Date or Both Dates have been changed. Alert sent to Administrators and staff assigned to a PO line. Removeable alert.
- Purchase Order Cancelled/Finalized. Alert include the Consumer Name and PO number. Due to the order being cancelled, if you click on the hyperlink you will get the message: This Purchase Order is either not found or not authorized for display. Removeable alert.
- Purchase Order Changed. Message includes the information that has been changed (Unit Price or Item Quantity). Click on the hyperlink and on the PO line you will see the old value and the new value.
- Purchase Order Line Assigned. Alert goes to Staff assigned to perform the work. Message includes the type of service on the PO line.
- Purchase Order Voided. Alert generated if DVR creates and voids a PO in the same day.
- Purchase Orders waiting for Assignment. Alert generated to Main Contact and Administrators when a new approved PO arrives. Message include the WDA of the consumer and the type of service. Alert will remain until all PO lines have been assigned to a Staff. Once one Main Contact or Administrator assigns all lines on the PO the alert will auto remove from everyone's alert list.
To view specific types of alert, click the drop down, highlight the type you want to view and click Apply Filter.
Option to receive emails for new PO approved (Main Contact and Administrators only), when a new PO has been assigned to you, and when a new message has been received. Each employee can personalize as desired on their My Personnel Info tab (on vacation may wish to not receive alerts until back to work).
- Assigning Purchase Orders (Main Contact and Administrator Roles only can assign). Only one individual may be assigned to one PO line at a time. Staff do not have the ability to change this, if need to be reassigned must contact Main Contact or Administrator to change. Can assign multiple staff to a multi-line PO.
- Active PO versus Inactive PO. Active PO means today is in between the PO Order Begin Date and the Order End Date. Inactive PO means today is within PO End Date + 90 days. Only Active PO's show on the My Work List. A PO Search will display both Active and Inactive PO's. This is where staff find all (Active and Inactive PO's) by using these criteria: PO Number, Begins With, VR2, Staff Search.
- Purchase Order Summary will display the PO and have the Messages tab. User can click the hyperlinks after Case Name or Consumer Name to navigate to the Consumer Summary. Messages sent from the Purchase Order Summary screen will populate the DVR staff of: Case Facilitator, Case Contact and Billing Contact, it maybe 1 – 3 staff. Ability to Add or delete staff by clicking those buttons.
- Consumer Summary will display the tabs of Contact information, Attachments, Messages, Purchase Orders, if there is a legal guardian the tab will display with contact information, and if DVR granted permission to view the IPE and/or FAR there will be a tab for each.
- Attachments. This is where users can upload reports directly to the IRIS case file. Users can see all reports loaded in this fashion as long as access is granted. Click the dropdown to highlight the Attachment Type. Enter the Report Year and Report Month (this is the month you are reporting on, not when the report is submitted) and browse to find your report. Save Attachment. This is also where users will find reports that DVR has shared with them. These reports will not have the checkbox Uploaded by Service Provider checked. Users can not delete reports. If report attached in error reach out to the Case Facilitator for approval to remove and the request will be forwarded on.
- Messages. DVR cannot message providers until the PO line has been assigned. A message created from the Consumer Summary will prepopulate the DVR Case Facilitators name. Recipients can be deleted out of a message prior to sending, once a message is sent you cannot remove any previous recipients on the message.
- Purchase Orders. Staff can view all PO lines that they are assigned to. Main Contact and Administrators can view all PO lines to the agency here.
- FAR/IPE/Guardian Tabs on the Consumer Summary. If there is a legal guardian, the tab will display with contact information. If DVR granted permission to view the FAR and/or IPE there will be a tab for each.