- Employment & Training
- YA Coordinator Resources
- Writing Grants
YA Program Writing Grants
How can I ensure my program grant will be awarded?
Before completing your YA grant, make sure to involve all key staff
responsible in developing, writing, and reviewing the grant application.
Successful program performance depends on key staff being able to meet or exceed
Providing the “Big Picture” will demonstrate local support for funding a high
quality, comprehensive YA program.
- Answer every question
- Answer the questions directly. Clear, concise answers are better.
- Use bullet points instead of paragraphs whenever possible
- Explain strategies or action plans clearly. Use specific examples.
- List additional activities used to support the YA program even if they are
not funded by the grant. This list demonstrates local support of YA.
- Clearly explain every cost on the Budget Worksheet
- Make sure costs are consistent. For example, if 50 YA students are enrolled,
Budget Worksheet should not list materials for 200 students.
- Check all math calculations!
- Attach all requested materials
- Ask an independent person to proof the grant for errors or inconsistencies
- Use the Application Checklist as a guide before mailing the application