- Employment & Training
- YA Coordinator Resources
- Grant Information
Youth Apprenticeship Grant Information
2021-2022 Wisconsin Youth Apprenticeship Request for Proposal (RFP)
The application period for Youth Apprenticeship Local Grants for the 2021-2022 school year is now OPEN.
The purpose of the grant is to sustain and expand the statewide youth apprenticeship program.
All local partnerships must be approved by the Department of Workforce Development (DWD) to
operate a Youth Apprenticeship Program.
Funding under this RFP is available to local consortiums, which mutually implement and
coordinate a YA program via a local consortium steering committee. Local consortiums are
- One or more school district
- One or more colleges in the Wisconsin Technical College System.
- Apprenticeship Training Representative(s) from the Registered Apprenticeship program
- Organized labor
- Workforce Development Board / Workforce Investment Board.
- Chambers of Commerce
- Other public agencies or non-profit organizations
- Other contributing individuals
Grant requests are limited to $900 per youth apprentice served, and grantees must serve at least
25 students to be eligible. All grant awards are contingent upon the availability of state funds. The
grant application materials are available for review below.
2021-2022 Local Youth Apprenticeship RFP Application Materials
YA Biannual Student Profiles are a required part of the annual grant. This form can be found at:
Youth Apprenticeship Forms and Publications.
A Letter of Intent to Apply is required for each RFP Application. The Letter of Intent should include:
- The intent of the proposer to participate in the process and acceptance of the RFP evaluation criteria, process and instructions of the RFP.
- Name of the Consortium (if applicable).
- Name, complete address, phone number, and fax number and of the individual to whom any correspondence should be sent.
- The Letter of Intent should be sent as a .docx file and can be emailed to email@example.com with the subject: Letter of Intent.
- Letters of Intent to Apply are due by January 29, 2021.
All grant applications will now be submitted through the Youth Online Data Application (YODA). For information on how to access the system, View the instructional document.
If you have questions about the youth apprenticeship program or desire technical assistance in planning a new program,
Youth Apprenticeship Staff: YA@dwd.wisconsin.gov
Amy Phillips (608) 733-3914
Olivia Conklin (608) 733-3862
Craig Henrickson (608) 733-3880
Tommie Myles (608) 733-3856
2021-2022 Request for Proposal (RFP) Bidders Webinar
The 2021-2022 RFP Bidders Webinar is now available (PDF). This webinar explains the grant application and highlights changes from the previous year.