- Worker's Compensation
- What Basic Benefits Are Included?
What Basic Benefits Are Included?
Basic benefits may include:
- Coverage of all reasonable and necessary medical expenses.
- Benefits for temporary wage loss during the healing period - temporary
partial disability (TPD) or temporary total disability (TTD) are provided to
sustain an employee while recovering from an injury. Eligibility for
temporary disability benefits is determined and must be documented by a
doctor. Benefits for TTD due to disability are based on two-thirds of the
employee's wage up to a specified maximum amount for the year of injury.
- Benefits for permanent partial disability (PPD) or permanent total
disability (PTD) are paid if the employee does not fully recover from the
injury. Permanent disability is awarded for the potential or actual loss of
earning capacity. The amount of benefit payment for permanent disability
depends on the severity of the permanent disability.
- Vocational rehabilitation and retraining.
- If a death occurs, death benefits and burial expense will be paid to
qualified beneficiaries up to specified limits.