How do I buy Worker's Compensation Insurance?

You must have Worker's Compensation if any of your businesses:

Open Marketplace

The State of Wisconsin does not write or provide worker's compensation insurance coverage.

There are about 300 insurance companies licensed to write worker's compensation insurance in Wisconsin. Worker's compensation insurance is obtained through an insurance agent and/or an insurance company. Contact a local agent to assist you in applying for insurance to a company of your choice.

What happens if my application for insurance is turned down?

If an insurance company turns down your application for insurance, you should ask your agent to search the marketplace for another company.

If coverage is unavailable in the private market, your agent should submit an application to the Wisconsin Compensation Rating Bureau. The Bureau acts as administrator and trustee of the Wisconsin Worker's Compensation Pool.

Wisconsin Compensation Rating Bureau - Contact Information

Physical Location:

20700 Swenson Drive Ste 100
Brookfield, Wisconsin 53186-0905

Mailing Address:

Wisconsin Compensation Rating Bureau
P.O. Box 3080
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201-3080

Other Information: