Disaster Unemployment Assistance
UPDATE: The deadline to apply for Disaster Unemployment Assistance has expired. If you would like to file a late Disaster Unemployment Assistance claim, and believe you have good cause for filing late, call (414) 435-7069 during business hours.
Are you unemployed or partially unemployed as a result of the recent severe storms, tornadoes, straight-line winds, flooding, and landslides from August 17 to September 14, 2018?
If you are not eligible for regular Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, you may be eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA), including those who are self employed.
How To Apply for Benefits
For help using online services or if you are truly unable to go online call the Claimant Assistance Line at (414) 435-7069 during business hours.
Have the Following Information Available:
Apply Online During These Times:
- If you live or work in the following counties: Crawford, Dane, Juneau, La Crosse, Monroe, Richland, Sauk, and Vernon, the application deadline was November 23, 2018.
- If you live or work in the following county: Marquette, the application deadline was December 3, 2018.
DUA is a federally funded program under the Robert T. Stafford Relief and Emergency Act. The program provides unemployment benefits to those affected by a federally declared disaster as long as the individual does not qualify for regular state unemployment insurance and the individual is unemployed or partially unemployed as a direct result of the disaster.
Unlike regular unemployment, the DUA program also covers those who are self-employed and become unemployed because of the disaster. Note: The program does not pay for damage to property, loss of crops, reduction in yield, etc.
- DUA Claimant Handbook (DUA-10-P)
- DUA Rights and Responsibilities (DUA-16353-P)
- Notice to All DUA Applicants (DUA-18489-P)