Payment Method Options for Unemployment Benefits
Get your Payments Faster, Safer and Easier!
You have the option of receiving your unemployment benefits by:
- Direct Deposit to your checking or savings account, or
- Visa® Pre-Paid Debit Card (U.S. Bank ReliaCard®)
Sign Up Now!
Log into http://my.unemployment.wisconsin.gov to sign up.
For initial claims, if you do not complete your direct deposit enrollment by the time the first payment is issued on the claim, you will automatically be enrolled for a Visa Pre-Paid Debit Card (U.S. Bank ReliaCard)
Electronic payment options for unemployment benefits are:
- Faster - No more waiting for a check by mail
- Safer1 - No risk of losing a paper check, ReliaCard is protected if lost or stolen
- Easier - No extra trips to the bank, funds are automatically deposited
- Free2 - No cost to sign up
It is your responsibility to monitor the balance in your account to avoid overdrafts.
Due to the waiting week funds will not be available until the second week of your claim.
1Visa’s Zero Liability Policy protects you against unauthorized transactions processed by Visa. You must notify U.S. Bank immediately of any unauthorized use. Other conditions may apply. See your Cardholder Agreement for details.
The ReliaCard is issued by U.S. Bank National Association pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A., Inc. © 2015 U.S. Bank Member FDIC.