Private Employment Agents and Home Care Workers
The Equal Rights Division regulates private employment agencies in the State of Wisconsin. In particular:
- Employment agencies that charge fees to the business seeking workers must register with the Division. This involves completion of a short Registration Form and the payment of a $5 registration fee annually.
- Employment agencies that charge fees to the applicant seeking work must be licensed by the Division. This involves completion of a longer Employment Agent's License Form, maintenance of a bond, inspection of the agency's premises, and an investigation of the character and fitness of the licensed principal.
- Employment agencies that charge fees to both businesses seeking workers and applicants seeking work must be licensed AND registered.
Who is an Employment Agent?
The regulation of employment agents in Wisconsin does NOT extend to temporary help agencies.
Definition of Employment Agent
"Employment Agent" is defined at Wis. Stat. § 105.01 as: all persons who furnish to persons seeking employment, information enabling or tending to enable such persons to secure the same, or who furnish employers seeking laborers or other help of any kind, information enabling or tending to enable such employers to secure such help, or who keep a register of persons seeking employment or help as aforesaid, whether such agents conduct their operations at a fixed place of business, on the streets or as transients, and also whether such operations constitute the principal business of such agents or only a sideline or an incident to another business.
Employment Agent Forms
List of Licensed Private Employment Agents, Wisconsin
|Name||Street Address||City, State ZIP||Phone||Contact|
|Alluring Model and Talent Agency||W4614 County Rd B, Ste 2A||Markesan, WI 53946-8119||608-277-6625||Wendy Lee|
|The Belle Agency, LLC||2339 Cedar Ridge||Green Bay, WI 54313||920-217-6688||Heather M. Arendt|
|Brown Management Group, Inc.
d/b/a BMG Models and Talent
|310 E Buffalo St, First Floor||Milwaukee, WI 53202||414-882-7575||Gregory S. Brown|
|First Choice Talent and Modeling Agency, Inc.||1636 Velp Ave||Green Bay, WI 54303||920-497-9609||Beverly Bodart|
|Forte Modeling and Talent||2050 Riverside Dr||Green Bay, WI 54301||920-432-1137||Janie Denis Strutt|
|Home Care Services, Inc.||9429 72nd St||Kenosha, WI 53140||262-694-4941||Greg Kryca|
|Jennifer's Talent Unlimited, Inc.||740 N Plankinton Ave, Ste 300||Milwaukee, WI 53203||414-277-9440||Jennifer Berg|
|Je Suis Talent, Inc.||2140 N Prospect Ave||Milwaukee, WI 53202||414-207-8373||Stephanie Brown|
|Keeping Employment Your Scope (K.E.Y.S) Recruitment Agency, LLC||414-610-1886||Shirron Jude-Boyd|
|Lori Lins, LTD||7611 W Holmes Ave||Greenfield, WI 53220||414-282-3500||Lori Lins|
|Model and Talent Management||16650 Bluemound Rd, Ste 600||Brookfield, WI 53005||262-879-0311||Adrianne Pardarelli, Manager|
|Ohlsson Management, LLC||172 N Broadway, Ste 200||Milwaukee, WI 53202||917-325-4950||Brandis Ohlsson, Owner|
Information for Home Care Workers
Private employment agencies who make "home care placements" are required to provide the following information, in writing, to home care workers and home care consumers:
- who will be employing the worker,
- who will be responsible for withholding employment taxes,
- and who will be responsible for providing workers’ compensation, unemployment Insurance, and other liability insurance for the worker, if applicable